I Crashed , Please Help

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: I Crashed , Please Help
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Cher on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 02:01 pm:

I'm a "newbie so this will probably come out sounding dumb. Bought new puter,installed XPHome back in Feb., kept telling myself to get a burner to do backups but didn't get it done, then crashed end of May. Finally got a puter tech here last week, he said my hard drive is bad. The company where purchased wants that one back before they send me a new one. Now, my big dumb question : is there any way to get back what I had on that machine? I'm just sick about it! For one thing, I had purchased PC Companion on April 8 & hadn't even read all of it.
I'm using my old,slooow puter with Milleneum in the meantime.
Thank you,
Cher

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vicki on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:41 am:

hello Cher:
All of your information is still on the old hard drive. If you still have it, there are some people who know how to salvage it to your new hard drive. Unfortunately, I am not one of them.
But your computer technician should be able too.
If you have a emergency boot disk, You might be able to get it up and running again by going to dos and putting in some simple commands. you can uninstall windows through dos and reinstall it again. as long as you have a windows XP disk. Email me here and I will try to help you further. vicki_showcase@msn.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page