Deleting user folders and files

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Deleting user folders and files
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Francis Shean on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 04:21 pm:

My wife and I raised 5 kids of our own, helped raise 23 Grandchildren also helped raise 17
G-Grandchildren. No help from any of them, so now I come to the forum for help.
I had XP Professional installed by a so called tech .My problem is this, how do I delete the folder ( documents and settings) from my folders and files. In this folder is listed the following, All users, Default User, and Owner, I have tried to rename, move and even delete but to no avail. I get a window telling me these files can not be moved renamed or deleted. With all this user stuff I get confused. When I save a document I want to know where it goes and not have to search to find it. Besides that I donít share my computer with any one else as a user. Please help this old man

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 06:38 pm:

I don't think you can delete them, as they're part of the Windows system.

WinXP is set up differently to 95/98. I found it odd when I started! In 98, you have program A, in a folder, with any data files. Program B is in a different folder, with its data files.

In XP, it assumes that Program A and Program B are both in the Programs folder. The data for those two programs will be in My Docs. Most programs for XP assume we're all doing this, and when you install they are set to create any data in My Docs. I create a folder in My Docs for each program, so I can find everything.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page