Any Way To Format HD? Free?

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Any Way To Format HD? Free?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By David on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 08:32 pm:

I have XP Home, and wish to make a dual-boot system, so I can load either XP or Linux. Is there any way to do this without paying for a partioner?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Vicki-Sue on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 09:32 pm:

If you have 2 hard drives on your computer, Load your Linux Operating system on your other drive. Upon bootup it should ask which one you want to open.
ENTER 1 for Normal Start-up Win XP
ENTER 2 for Normal Start-up Linux
ENTER 3 for Safe Mode
Ect. if you don't choose one upon startup each time it will open up the first one automatically in so many seconds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By David on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 12:43 pm:

Thanks for feedback, is there anyway to do it with just one HD or do I need two?? The reason for linux partition is so I can see what I prefer.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page