XP SP2 problems

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: XP SP2 problems
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ed on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 04:13 pm:

Hi all:
I just upgraded my XP by adding SP2 update and now, in some instances, when I press the back button, I get a "Page can not be displayed" message as well as I am not able to open some of my executable ebooks.
I've visited Microsoft site and have asked tons of questions with no response.
This apparently is a major problem.
Not sure what settings to change or what to do.
I am sure it is some security setting but don't know how to change it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 11:46 pm:

Hello,

I am adding to this thread because I have had this same problem since my SP2 upgrade also, plus a few more.

I was having Active X problems, and Flash problems, but I have just opened my IE tools, internet options, security and customized the settings for Internet, Trusted Sites. I will now cross my fingers that will correct some of the problems.

I hope someone has answers for both of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Romona Cox on Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 09:38 am:

If you go to control panel,windows firewall,execption, you can add programs there that won't open.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page