XP service pack 2

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Windows xp home edition: XP service pack 2
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kmccain on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 06:51 pm:

I am under the impression that the new Windows XP Service Pack 2 should automatically download thru my "automatic updates" feature. I have not yet received it. Is this just something I should be patient for or do I have to do something myself.

I have looked at the instructions for manual download but all the preparation & caveats & what to do if it messes up ---- scare me! I have ordered the CD to install myself, haven't received yet.

I just want to know if it should be downloaded automatically if I wait long enough. I have a Dell, running XP 2000 Home Edition.

Thanks
Karen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 11:10 am:

I too was scared by the instructions & haven't done anything yet because I don't have a printer hooked up to print out the instructions.
What,if any,is the advantage of ordering the CD?

Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kmccain on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 01:28 am:

I don't know for sure why the CD would be better - it's free & I assumed it might be easier to install with a CD maybe without having to make all the preparations, etc.

I read elsewhere since posting here that some folks are "waiting til they get the bugs out" before installing XP 2. My automatic updates is still on so now I don't know whether I should leave it on or not...

Wishing I was a "techie"..

Karen

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page