M/s WORD

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: M/s WORD
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beargrease2@netzero.net on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 08:23 pm:

My WORD won't open. Click on icon just returns immediately to desktop. Cures from elsewhere were hopelessly geeky or referred to places or boxes that I didn't have.Tnx
Anteater

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 02:54 pm:

Will it start in Safe Mode?

1. On the Windows Start menu, click Run.
2. Enter the path to Word, such as C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Winword.exe, or click Browse to locate it.
3. At the end of the path, type a space, and then type /safe

Do your other Office programs start OK (Excel, for example)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anteater on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 09:34 pm:

(re dreuby 1-24)
YOU DID IT!, my friend. I never heard of "Safe Mode". It had a drop-down with option for "m/s word" but that didn't work. But it DID open when entered per your suggestion. It had been so long since I seen it, I cried! But I still have a problem in that it won't open from icon, right?
How do I fix that? I owe you my first born or a pizza! Other OFFICE programs ok.
Anteater

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 02:53 pm:

Which version of Office are you using?

PS Skip the first born - unless you'll take mine in exchange :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 02:56 pm:

This site has some suggestions (depending which version you're using):
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProbsOpeningWord.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Norm Walker on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 02:59 am:

this is axb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anteater on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 03:05 am:

Ref dreuby 1-25...

Using Office 2000. You didn't say how old your first born was...47? Maybe will stick to the pizza . Did you want anchovies?
Tried your "http" ref. When they ask does WORD close "immediately upon opening" do they mean one gets a 1-second flash of the WORD screen? Mine doesn't even get that before reverting to desktop.
Anteater

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, February 07, 2005 - 01:21 pm:

I'd try those suggestions - programs usually have got quite a way down the "opening" route by the time they actually display anything. A corrupt "default" template may cause the problem.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page