Win xp home edition

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Win xp home edition
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By melissa phillips on Monday, February 28, 2005 - 02:18 am:

i received a computer from a friend, who couldnt find her cd installation disk,
and i bought it any way. and one day everything was slowwww, so i restored and guess what, after and hour i got nothing a black screen. and so thru advices i used my daughters win xp to reinstall, and now since i dont have my own disk, i cant activate the cd, because the product key doesnt match. and the disk did not load any of the drives, like sound the comp. has a cd burner, which wont play saids i am missing the active mixer drive, and to go to add hardware, which it wont add it, the sound wont let me turn it up it just sits there not highlighted or whatever,
now do i have to get a new disk to get the drives to work and the product key. and how do i download drives when the wizzard cant find any new ones? is there somewhere to locate it in my comp?
ppl need to keep all there disk!
ty,
for your time and troubles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 01:16 pm:

The CD from another machine won't work, MS have started doing this to cut down on the pirated copies of their systems.

If your friend can't find the original CD, then you may have to buy a legit copy of XP and install that.

You could try the MD support site http://support.microsoft.com and find a local contact that you could ask about this.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page