Cd creator

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Cd creator
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By noni@aye.net on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 01:11 am:

Just installed XP and now can't get cd creator to work. We previously had ME. What should I do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 02:00 pm:

Noni
I got my XP upgrade from Dell and they supplied
a CD to upgrade Roxio CD Creator!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 02:54 pm:

Noni:

XP doesn't work with CD creator 3 on down. However, if you have version 4 or 5, there is a patch offered for it:

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/roxio_support/software_updates.html

Why is a patch nessesary? Because Micro$oft adds their own cd-writing capability to XP, but you have to pay to get it activated. So...they attempt to kill the competition... you know, the usual M$ way.

Hope this helps you out. If you have version 3 or lower, you will need to purchase the new CD Creator version.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tammy Eggen on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 11:15 pm:

XP won't let me install CD Creator 5x. Gives me an error message (usually starts with the SoundStream file and goes through the rest). What can I do to get it installed in order to install the patch? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tammy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rosemary nicol on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 03:05 pm:

I have stored many email in various folders and would like to copy files onto CD's - how do I do this.

Help greatly appreciated and thank you.

Regards

Rosemary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 08:43 pm:

Do you have CD writing software? I've only ever used Nero Express, and with that I just drag and drop my email folders to the window. Have to make sure that I choose the option that allows me to add data at a later date if I want to do that.

Dianne Reuby

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By buggy on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 12:13 pm:

How do I make a picture slide show with
music to copy to a CD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 04:20 pm:

A place to look for software (freeware or shareware) is http://www.webattack.com

Also http://www.nonags.com

I've seen several programs to do this, but I haven't tried any, so can't make any recommendations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 10:05 pm:

I have XP, but I noticed there is no "Spell Check"
provisions incuded or am I missing something???

If you have the secret or the answer I'd appreciate it.

Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 01:03 pm:

Windows doesn't have a spell checker. Office includes one, and many other programs have them built in. If you want a program to use as a dictionary, thesaurus I use WordWeb http://wordweb.info/free/

You can use this in any program by highlighting the word to check, and clicking the WordWeb icon in your system tray. But it won't spell check a whole document - most word processors include this option.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandra Stenlund on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 06:38 pm:

l hope l have the right place, this is all new to me, so don't understand alot of the words.
Please bare with me.
A lady gave me this site and l am a member now but she said to email a lady called Pam.
Can't find her so hoping yous may help.
Okay,
l bought this pc in Oct. had no trouble burning cd, but now it will covert the songs but when it comes to burning them, it only does one maybe two and then it goes to the bottom and says imcomplete.l have tried other brands but no success.
Could someone please tell me what l am doing wrong? Or what l have to do to fix this.
Thank you very much and hope to hear from someone soon. AlbertaP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 11:24 am:

What program are you using to burn? And which version of Windows do you have?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By AlbertaP on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 01:52 pm:

l am using Window Media Player and l have WindowsXP

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page