XP installation and loss of Outlook Express

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: XP installation and loss of Outlook Express
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Windows 95 and XP  1   03/30 04:44pm
Start up menu  2   10/05 03:37pm
Outlook Express Address Book  1   01/17 07:05pm
I do not have any accounts configured for sending email  1   11/17 12:51pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Julia Manitius on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 11:49 am:

I bought a new computer with Windows XP installed using Outlook Express 6, and transferred my emails and addresses from my old computer. I have just bought the student version of XP Office (with no support) and have received conflicting information about what happens with outlook express and all it contains when I install it. Some say there is a new email programme in XP that will wipe out OE6 and everything I have in it, and others say it will run along side OE6. Anybody out there know??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kris chetty on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 03:15 pm:

hi
it happen to me i installed window xp and Now i can no open OE6 it keep on say outlook could no be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized . i read in one help forum ,which says .uninstall oe6 first ,when you finished installing windows xp than install OE6 (i lost every thing in OE)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Doreen Likness on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 11:00 pm:

Hi
With windows xp I am having trouble with the "security" "privacy" settings to the point where I can't get into much of any thing especially my M/C statement, bank statement etc.
I am told I have to re install windows XP.
Question: can this be installed over the the old one?

Also How do I recover "outlook expresss 6" I had no trouble with this until a T.V. clinician was here and now this is gone too.

With thanks Doreen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ime spartacus on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 05:17 pm:

Hi Doreen I've installed xp over itself a few times I've been lucky no problems.But I've heard there can be problems a clean install is best,unless you feel lucky.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page