Speech eng. in xp home? - want to use ime speech lang.

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Speech eng. in xp home? - want to use ime speech lang.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lynchknot on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 09:25 pm:

I have XP home. My mom uses the language bar to compose letters to Japan. It is a pain converting Romanji to Japanese, especially if you don't type well. We would like to use the speech recognition to text. I cannot find or enable the speech engine. Is it only available in office XP or MS word? When I "bring down" the IME pad it says "speech input" it does record and all but it doesn't convert to text. I also, wouldn't mind using speech recognition, myself, in english! Is any of this possible with XP home edition? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 09:43 pm:

You must have office XP to be able to use the speech-to-text program.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page