Default change in email??

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Default change in email??
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ginny on Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 01:17 am:

When I used W2000, I could change the default in my e-mails to single space. Now, in XP, I can't figure out how to change the default. I can select the text in each e-mail window and make it single space, but how do I change the default so that all of my e-mails are single space?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lugene on Saturday, April 05, 2003 - 04:55 pm:

When I bought my new computer with XP home
I lost most of my personal email addresses. These were addresses of friends and family. It would only transfer a few. I am so disappointed.
I have to go back to my old computer to find a lot of things. I installed frontpage in order to work on my web pages.
I backed up all my files. why does it change some things?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Saturday, April 05, 2003 - 06:23 pm:

I had no problems, but I use Eudora rather than Outlook. Once I'd installed, I just had to copy the address book over - there are instructions for this in the help file and on the web site. What e-mail program are you using? I'm sure there's probably a way to do it all at once.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Reba on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 05:21 am:

I purchased a New Sony XP notebook computer and it was suppose to be set up at the store so all I had to do was hook it up. Well I have the router and it will not work. I hired a geek to come to my house and paid him $90. and he still did not get it right. He did a lot of deleting and moving things around on it and said I needed
a lot of upgrades installed. I did not get a program disk when I picked up my computer. Is the store not responsible to furnish me with the disk for my computer since they set it up. If I get it networking, what will I need to do when I travel and need to use it on the road? Any help will be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 09:38 pm:

If you click on "My Computer", then choose "System Info" from the left-hand side panel, you'll get a box which tells you which version of XP you have. There have been two major updates to XP, SP1 and SP2. If you only have SP1, you can get SP2 free from Microsoft, on CD (It's much too big to download!)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389 Scroll down to see the CD link.

If you have SP2 already, open Help, and under "Pick a task" choose Windows update. That will access Microsofts site, and see if there are any updates that your computer needs.

The store should have given you a CD when you bought the machine - either the MS CD, or their own version with XP on it.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page