ME to XP

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: ME to XP
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tsr on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 05:48 am:

I hear mixed thoughts on upgrading, from ME to XP Home. I also hear that XP likes a lot of RAM. I have a Dell 8100 P-4, with 128mb ram, how much more ram do I need for XP Home? I have also heard that, MS is going to abandon ME this fall, including all support. Is this a case when I SHOULD believe everything I here? One more, How much HD should I run For XP Home? Thanks to all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, April 05, 2003 - 04:00 pm:

I use my computer mostly to download embroidery designs to be put on another small disk which inserts into a computerised sewing machine. Are there any ladies out there who may be able to tell me if XP is a good thing to use before I consider changing from my present system? I have heard there have been problems but a special patch has been created to lessen this. Any help/info will be appreciated. Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By zzmel on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 06:30 pm:

Hi tsr:

For what I understand is that you will be using the computer offline for a business? If you did not purchase win xp, just use what you have. As long as you are not using detailed graphics, you should be fine. I had win ME and ran into instability problems. I also was using the internet. you can uninstall it and use win 98. It is a far better OS and has been around a long time. Win ME was an interim OS falling short of what the expectations were. It is true that Microsoft will eventually drop the support for win 98 and ME. I am not sure if they already have. Hope this helps.

zzmel

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page