Failure of Operating System every month

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Failure of Operating System every month
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Freezing of a single window.  1   03/02 04:29am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 12:28 am:

Over the last 3 months on the 5th or 6th I lose my operating system. When I bootup I receive a black screen with the following "System failure unable to dectect Operating System". I restore my hard drive to its original out of the box status. I use Norton Antivirus and have scanned both in normal and safe mode for virus'. Any knowledge or assist would be greatly helpful. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By davidacox on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 10:10 am:

Hi,
Clean install your O/S (Format Hard Drive) this will get rid of all the build up of junk on your system save all your inportant files as all the hard drive will be clean, check that your system is compatible for XP (HCT) on M/S web site.
Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By zzmel on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 06:40 pm:

I would just like to add that you have a utility that will clean up your hard drive, internet files, and other things. Some of these programs may be usefull to you and may not cost anything. A good resource is www.webattack.com. I have been been using them for years and they are reliable. It is free to access their site. As davidacox said that you should definately do a format and clean install. Check out if your hardware is functioning properly and have the latest driver updates.

zzmel

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page